Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1546
- Bishop's Transcripts: 1616
Parishes adjacent to Bearley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BEARLEY, a parish in Stratford-on-Avon district, Warwick; on the Stratford branch of the Oxford and Birmingham railway, and near the Birmingham canal, 4 miles NNW of Stratford. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Stratford-on-Avon. Acres, 810. Real property, £1,348. Pop., 238. Houses, 54. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £62. Patron, King's College, Cam bridge. The church is old.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Bearley, a parochial chapelry in the Snitterfield division of the hund. of Barlichway, county of Warwick; 4 miles north-north-west, on the post-road to Henley-in-Arden, and in the neighbourhood of the Birmingham and Stratford-on-Avon canal. Living, a perpetual curacy, not in charge, in the archd. and dio. of Worcester, subject to the vicarage of Wootton-Wawen; valued in the parliamentary returns at £49 13s.; gross income £64; in the patronage of King's college, Cambridge. There are a daily and a Sunday school here. Pop., in 1801, 165; In 1831, 230. Houses 49. Acres 810. A.P. £1,135. Poor rates, in 1837, £101
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Bearley, 4 miles N. Stratford-on-Avon. P. 231
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Bearley (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Stratford-upon-Avon, Snitterfield division of the hundred of Barlichway, S. division of the county of Warwick, 4 ¼ miles (NNW) from Stratford; containing 231 inhabitants, and comprising 939 acres. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £62; patrons, Provost and Fellows of King’s College, Cambridge; impropriator, John Phillips, Esq. There is a school in which the greater portion of the children are paid for by the wealthier landowners.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Stratford on Avon
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Warwick
- Poor Law Union: Stratford on Avon
- Hundred: Barlinchway
- Province: Canterbury