Barston was formerly a chapelry of Berkswell, Warwickshire Ancient parish.
Church: St. Swithin
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1598; see also Berkswell
- Bishop's Transcripts: 1813
Parishes adjacent to Barston
- Hampton in Arden
- Temple Balsall
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARSTON, a parish in Solihull district, Warwick; ½ mile ENE of Knowle r. station, and 9 W of Coventry. Post Town, Knowle, under Birmingham. Acres, 1,866. Real property, £4,507. Pop., 336. Houses, 79. The property is much subdivided. Barston Park is a chief residence The living is a. vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Berkeswell, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is excellent. Charities, £8.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Barston, 3½m. E.S.E. Solihull. P. 392.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Solihull
- Probate Court: Court of the Manor of Barston
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Arden
- Poor Law Union: Solihull
- Hundred: Hemlingford
- Province: Canterbury