Barcheston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Other places in the parish include: Willington.
Alternative names: Barcheston with Willington
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1612
Parishes adjacent to Barcheston
- Shipston on Stour
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARCHESTON, a village and a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick. The village stands on the verge of the county, at the river Stour, 1 mile SE of Shipston-on-Stour, and 7½ NE of Blockley r. station; and was a place of some consequence at the Conquest. The parish includes also the hamlet of Willington; and its Post Town is Shipston-on-Stour. Acres, 1,475. Real property, £2,609. Pop., 190. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. The manor was purchased, in the reign of Henry VII., by William Willington; and passed to the family of Sheldon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £240. Patron, the Rev. G. D. Wheeler. The church was restored in 1869.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Barcheston with Willington, 1m. S.E. Shipston-on-Stour. P. 193.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Shipston on Stour
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Kineton
- Poor Law Union: Shipston on Stour
- Hundred: Kington
- Province: Canterbury