Baddesley Clinton is an Ancient Parish in Warwickshire.
Alternative names: Badgley
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. James, St Michael
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1633
- Bishop's Transcripts: 1813
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
Parishes adjacent to Baddesley Clinton
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Baddesley-Clinton, a parish in Solihull district, Warwick; on the Warwick and Birmingham canal and the Warwick and Birmingham railway, at Kingswood, Warwickshire station, 8 ½ miles NW of Warwick. Post-town, Rowington, under Warwick. Acres. 1,329. Real property, £1,787. Pop. 143. Houses, 25. The property belongs all to M. E. Ferrers, Esq. of Baddesley-Clinton Hall. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £27. Patron, M. E. Ferrers, Esq. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Baddesley-Clinton, a parish in the Solihull division of the hund. of Hemlingford, union of Solihull, county of Warwick; 12 miles south-east from Birmingham; on the post-road to Warwick. Living, a donative, formerly in the archd. of Coventry and dio. of Lichfield and Coventry, now in the dio. of Worcester; gross income £27. Patroness, in 1835, Lady H. Ferrers. The Warwick and Birmingham canal passes through the western part of this parish. Pop., in 1801, 130; in 1831, 110. Houses 22. Acres 1,140. A. P. £1,232. Poor rates, in 1837, £72.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Baddesley-Clinton (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Solihull, Solihull division of the hundred of Hemlingford, N. division of the county of Warwick, 7 miles (NW) from Warwick; containing 115 inhabitants. The parish is intersected by the Warwick and Birmingham canal, and skirted by the road between those two places; it comprises 1310 acres. The living is a donative, valued in the king’s books at £4. 6. 8., and is in the patronage of Lady H. Ferrers, to whom also the impropriation belongs; net income, £27. There is a Roman Catholic chapel.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Solihull
- Probate Court: Court of the Manor of Baddesley Clinton
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Arden
- Poor Law Union: Solihull
- Hundred: Hemlingford
- Province: Canterbury