Warwickshire is bounded, North by Staffordshire and Leicestershire, East by Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, and part of Oxfordshire, South by Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire, and West by Gloucestershire, Worcestershire, and Staffordshire. It is about 51 miles long, and 38 miles broad; and is divided into four Hundreds: — Barlichway, Hemlingford, Kineton, and Knightlow, besides the liberties of Coventry. Rivers: — the Avon, the Tame, the Leam, the Rea, the Stour, the Alne, the Arrow, the Anker, the Blythe, the Swift, the Cole, and the Dove. There are 15 Market-Towns. It is in the Province of Canterbury, in the Dioceses of Lichfield and Coventry, and Worcester, and in the Midland Circuit. It contains 9024 square miles, or 577,280 acres. Population, 401,715
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.