Photo of St David, Colva The east end by Philip Pankhurst, some rights reserved.
Colva is a parish in the county of Radnorshire, South Wales.
Alternative names: Colfa
Colva is a scattered parish, on a mountain ridge, 1.285 feet above the level of the sea. in the county of Radnor.
Parish church: St. David
Parish registers begin: 1663
The children of this parish attend the school at Newchurch.
Parishes adjacent to Colva
- Michaelchurch On Arrow
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COLVA, a parochial chapelry in Presteigne district, Radnor; on the river Edwy, near the Central Wales railway, 5½ miles SW of New Radnor. Post town, New Radnor. Acres, 2, 293. Real property, £1, 709. Pop., 185. Houses, 31. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Glascombe, in the diocese of St. Davids. The church is tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Colva, 7 m. W. Knighton. P. 221.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
The following records are available from Powys archives.
Baptisms 1663-1794, burials 1663-1794, marriages 1663- 1753
- County: Radnorshire / Powys
- Civil Registration District:
- Diocese: St. David; Swansea and Brecon
- Rural Deanery: Elwel
- Poor Law Union: Kington
- Hundred: Radnor
- Province: Canterbury
- Petty Sessional Division: New Radnor
- Couty Court District: Kington