In North Wales, bounded by the sea on all sides, excepting on the East, where it is bounded by Denbighshire and a part of Merionethshire. It is about 45 miles long, and 13 broad. It is divided into ten Hundreds. River, the Conway. It has six Market-Towns. It is in the Province of Canterbury, in the Diocese of Bangor, and in the Northern Circuit. Population, 81,093.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.