Chipping Sodbury

Chipping Sodbury, Gloucestershire Family History Guide

Chipping Sodbury is an Ecclesiastical Parish and a market town in the county of Gloucestershire, created in 1831 from Old Sodbury Ancient Parish. Parish church: Parish registers begin: 1661 Nonconformists include: Baptist, Roman Catholic, and Society of Friends/Quaker. Parishes adjacent to Chipping Sodbury Old Sodbury Yate Historical Descriptions Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870 …

Chipping Sodbury, Gloucestershire Family History Guide Read More »

Sodbury (Chipping Sodbury) (inc. Little Sodbury and Old Sodbury) 1791

Otherwise called Chipping-Sodbury, (to distinguish it from two villages in the neighbourhood,) is an ancient town, and was made a corporation by Charles II but, at the request of the inhabitants, the charter was annulled by proclamation in the year 1690, from which period it has been governed by a bailiff, chosen by the lord …

Sodbury (Chipping Sodbury) (inc. Little Sodbury and Old Sodbury) 1791 Read More »