Appleford

Appleford, Berkshire Family History Guide

Appleford is a chapelry of Sutton Courtenay Ancient Parish in Berkshire. Parish church: Parish registers begin: 1563 Nonconformists include: Parishes adjacent to Appleford Clifton Hampden Long Wittenham Culham Dorchester Sutton Courtenay Didcot Historical Descriptions Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850 Appleford, 6 m. S. Abingdon. P. 187. Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second …

Appleford, Berkshire Family History Guide Read More »

Appleford Cassey History Gazetteer and Directory of Berkshire and Oxfordshire 1868

Is a village and chapelry belonging to Sutton Courtney, but independent of it as relates to its parochial affairs; it is 3 miles south-east from Abingdon, and 55 from London, in the hundred of Ock, union of Abingdon, and diocese of Oxford. The chapel is a plain little old building. The living is a chapelry, …

Appleford Cassey History Gazetteer and Directory of Berkshire and Oxfordshire 1868 Read More »