Duncton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Sussex, created in 1692 from Petworth Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1548
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1571
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
Parishes Adjacent to Duncton
- Burton with Coates
- Up Waltham
Historical Descriptions of Duncton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DUNCTON, a parish in Chichester district, Sussex; 1¾ mile SSW of Petworth r. station, and 3½ S by W of Petworth. Post town, Petworth. Acres, 1,324. Real property, £1,159. Pop., 258. Houses, 54. The property is divided among a few. Part of the land is common. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £387. Patron, Lord Leconfield. The church is tolerable. Vestiges of a Roman bath were found in 1812.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Maps of Duncton
Civil Registration District: Chichester
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) of Chichester for the Archdeaconry of Chichester
Rural Deanery: Midhurst
Poor Law Union: Sutton