Denton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Sussex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1567
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1593
Parishes Adjacent to Denton
- South Heighton
Historical Descriptions of Denton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DENTON, a parish in Lewes district, Sussex; on the river Ouse and the Newhaven railway, 1¼ mile N of Newhaven r. station, and 5 SSE of Lewes. Post town, Newhaven, under Lewes. Acres, 1,008. Real property, £1,187. Pop., 206. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the duchy of Lancaster. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £240. Patron, Miss E. W. Catt.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Maps of Denton
Civil Registration District: Lewes
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) of Chichester for the Archdeaconry of Lewes
Rural Deanery: Pevensey
Poor Law Union: Newhaven