Dallington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Sussex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1643
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1598
Nonconformists include: Baptist
Parishes Adjacent to Dallington
Historical Descriptions of Dallington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DALLINGTON, a parish in Battle district, Sussex; 5½ miles SW of Etchingham r. station, and 6 NW of Battle. It has a post office under Hurst-Green. Acres, 2,873. Real property, £2,572. Pop., 591. Houses, 113. The property is divided among a few. The area was once part of the Great Forest. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £182. Patron, the Earl of Ashburnham. The church is good; and its tower commands a grand view. Sir Joseph Jekyll was a native.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Maps of Dallington
Civil Registration District: Battle
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) of Chichester for the Archdeaconry of Lewes
Rural Deanery: Dallington
Poor Law Union: Battle
Hundred: Hawkesborough; Netherfield