Angmering is an Ancient Parish in the county of Sussex.
Alternative names: Angmering with Ham and Bargham, East Angmering, East Angmering with Angmering, West Angmering
Other places in the parish include: Ham and Bargham, Ham, Bargham, and Angmering.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1563
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1591
- East Preston
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ANGMERING, a parish in Worthing district, Sussex; on the South Coast railway, 4 miles SE of Arundel. It has a station on the railway, a post office‡ under Arundel, and a fair on 3 July. Acres, 3,150. Real property, £6,352. Pop., 953. Houses, 193. Angmering Park belongs to the Duke of Norfolk. Ham House is the seat of W. K. Gratwicke, Esq. New Place, now inhabited by work-people, was the seat of Sir Edward Palmer in the time of Henry VIII., and the birthplace of his three sons, who all were knighted. The living is a rectory and a vicarage-rectory of East Angmering, vicarage of West Angmering in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £258. Patron, Sir G. R. Pechell, Bart. East Angmering church has disappeared. West Angmering church, excepting the tower and small part of the chancel, was rebuilt in 1852. There are an Independent chapel and a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Registers of Angmering, 1562-1687 - UK Genealogy Archives – Free
Civil Registration District: Worthing
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) of Chichester for the Archdeaconry of Chichester
Rural Deanery: Arundel
Poor Law Union: East Preston