Wyke is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1847 from Worplesdon Ancient Parish, Ash Ancient Parish, and Wanborough Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1847
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1849
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WYKE, a tything in Worplesdon parish, and a chapelry partly also in Ash and Wamborough parishes, Surrey. The tything lies 1½ mile NW of Guildford r. station. Pop., 158. The chapelry was constituted in 1847; and its Post town is Guildford. Rated property, £3,096. Pop., 521. Houses, 94. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £170. Patron, Eton College. The church was built in 1858.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Farnborough; Guildford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Guildford