Waverley is an extra-parochial place.
Alternative names: Waverleyville
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: Search surrounding parishes
- Bishop’s Transcripts: Search surrounding parishes
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WAVERLEY, an extra-parochial ville in Farnham district, Surrey; 2 miles SE of Farnham. Acres, 525. Real property, £943. Pop., 52. Houses, 11. W. Abbey is the seat of S. Nicholson, Esq. A Cistertian abbey, the earliest in England, was founded here, by Bishop Giffard, in 1128; went, at the dissolution, to the Fitzwilliams; and has left some ruins in the park.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Farnham
Probate Court: Search the courts of the surrounding parishes
Diocese: Not Applicable
Rural Deanery: Not Applicable
Poor Law Union: Farnham