Warlingham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey. Chelsham is a chapelry of Warlingham.
Alternative names: Warlingham with Chelsham
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1709
Nonconformists include: Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WARLINGHAM, a parish, with a village, in Godstone district, Surrey; adjacent to the Caterham railway, 4¾ miles SSE of Croydon. It has a post-office under Croydon, and a r. station. Acres, 1,777. Real property, £2,330. Pop., 602. Houses, 118. The manor belongs to Captain A. D. Wigsell. The living is a vicarage, united with Chelsham, in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £471. Patron, Capt. A. D. Wigsell. The church is early English and good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £270.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Godstone
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Godstone