Wallington is a chapelry of Beddington Ancient Parish in Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Mitcham St Peter and Paul
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WALLINGTON, a township, a chapelry, and a hundred, in Surrey. The township lies on the river Wandle and on the Epsom railway, 2½ miles WSW of Croydon; is supposed to have been a Roman station; has yielded many Roman relics; and contains a village and a r. station of its own name, a postal pillar-box under Carshalton, and Beddington-Corner post-office under Croydon. Real property, £4,910. Pop., 983. Houses 195. The chapelry includes the village, is in Beddington parish, and was constituted in 1867. Pop. in 1868, about 650. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, not reported. Patron, N. Bridges, Esq. The church was built in 1867, and is in the early English style. The hundred contains 12 parishes; and is cut into two divisions, first and second. Acres, 23,581 and 14,825. Pop. in 1851, 22,343 and 11,607; in 1861, 46,686. Houses, 8,260.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Croydon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Diocese: Pre-1846 - Winchester, Post-1845 - London
Rural Deanery: Southwark
Poor Law Union: Croydon