Surbiton St Mark is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1845 from Kingston upon Thames Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1845
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
- Kingston upon Thames
- Hampton Wick
- Robin Hood
- Long Ditton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SURBITON, a chapelry in Kingston-upon-Thames parish, Surrey; on the Southwestern railway, in the southern outskirts of Kingston. It was constituted in 1845; and it has a post-office under Kingston-upon-Thames, and a r. station with telegraph. Rated property, £21,000. Pop., 4,691. Houses, 726. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £150. Patrons, the Contts Family. The church was built in 1845; and is in the later English style, with tower and spire. An Independent chapel was built in 1866; and a Wesleyan chapel, used also as a temperance hall, was built in 1861. There are also a Roman Catholic chapel, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Kingston
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Kingston