Sunningdale is an Ecclesiastical Parish partly in Surrey and partly in Berkshire; Created in 1841 from Old Windsor Ancient Parish, Sunninghill Ancient Parish, Windlesham Ancient Parish, Egham Ancient Parish and Chobham Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Broomhall.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1841
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1836
- Virginia Water
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SUNNINGDALE, a chapelry partly in Old Windsor, Egham, and Sunninghill parishes, Berks, and partly in Chobham and Windlesham parishes, Surrey; on the Staines and Reading railway, 8 miles SW by W of Staines. It was constituted in 1841; and it has a r. station with telegraph. Post town, Staines. Pop., 709. Houses, 148. Much of the land, with Cowarth House, belongs to J. A. Arbuthnot, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £90. Patron, the Bishop of O. The church was built in 1839; and there are an Independent chapel of 1865, and an endowed school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Windsor
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
Diocese: Pre-1836 - Salisbury, Post-1835 - Oxford
Rural Deanery: Reading
Poor Law Union: Windsor
Hundred: Godley; Woking