Streatham comprises of the following parishes:
- Streatham St Leonard, Surrey
- Streatham Christ Church, Surrey
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STREATHAM, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Wandsworth district, Surrey. The village stands on the West-End and Croydon railway, 6½ miles SSW of St. Pauls, London; dates from ancient times; and has a post-office under London S, a r. station with telegraph, a police station, and a much-frequented mineral spring. The parish contains also Upper Tooting, Selhurst, Thornton-Heath, Streatham-Common, and Balsam hamlets, all of which, except the first, have r. stations; and it includes a detached tract, called Knights-Hill, between Lambeth and Camberwell. Acres, 2,904. Real property, £35,887. Pop. in 1851, 6,901; in 1861, 8,027. Houses, 1,246. The property is much subdivided; and there are numerous good residences. S. Park was the seat of the Thralls, and long, in their time, the domicile of Dr. Johnson. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £1,200. Patron, the Duke of Bedford. The church was rebuilt in 1830, and its spire in 1842. A chapel of ease, built in 1868, is under care of the rector; and five other churches, in Christchurch-Road, Grove-Road, Streatham-Common, Balham, and Upper Tooting, are separate charges. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Independents, fifteen national schools, an endowed school with £20 a year, St-Ann's Society schools, and charities £190. The sub-district includes Lower Tooting, and comprises 3,465 acres. Pop., 10,082. Houses, 1,613.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].