Stoke D'Abernon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Other places in the parish include: Oxshot and Oakshade.
Alternative names: Stoke, Stoke Dabernon
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1619
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1689
- Little Bookham
- Great Bookham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STOKE-D'ABERNON, a parish, with S. village and Oxshot hamlet, in Epsom district, Surrey; on the river Mole, 3 miles NW of Leatherhead r. station. It has a post-office under Cobham. Acres, 2,027. Real property, £2,816. Pop., 368. Houses, 69. The property is divided among a few. S. House was the seat of the D'Abernons, till the time of Edward III.; passed to the Brays and the Vincents; was visited, in 1623, by Queen Elizabeth; and is now the seat of the Rev. F. P. Phillips. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £418. Patron, the Rev. F. P. Phillips. The church is partly Norman, and all good. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Epsom
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Epsom