Roehampton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1845 from Putney Ecclesiastical Parish.
- Holy Trinity
- St Joseph, Roehampton, Roman Catholic
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1842
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1842
Parishes Adjacent to Roehampton
- Robin Hood
- Wimbledon St Mary
- Wandsworth All Saints
Historical Descriptions of Roehampton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ROEHAMPTON, a village and a chapelry in Putney parish, Surrey. The village stands near Richmond park, 1 mile S of Barnes r. station, and 1½ WSW of Putney; and has a post-office under London, S W. The chapelry was constituted in 1862. Pop. in 1861, 974. Houses, 153. R. House is the seat of the Earl of Leven; was rebuilt in 1710; and has a dining-room ceiling painted by Sir J. Thornhill. R. Grove was rebuilt about 1777 by Lord Huntingfield; and is now the seat of Mrs. Lyne Stephens. There are other good residences. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of London. Value, £250. Patron, the Bishop of London. The church was built in 1842, and enlarged in 1862; and is in the early English style. A chapel is in the grounds of R. Grove. There are two parochial schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Maps of Roehampton
Civil Registration District: Wandsworth
Probate Court: Pre-1846 - Court of the Peculiar of the Archbishop of Canterbury in the Deaneries of the Arches, Croydon, and Shoreham, Post-1845 - Court of the Bishop of London (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Pre-1846 - Winchester, Post-1845 - London
Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Croydon, 1845-1861 - None, Post-1860 - Barnes and Hammersmith
Poor Law Union: Wandsworth and Clapham