Robin Hood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1847 from Kingston upon Thames Ecclesiastical Parish, Ham Ecclesiastical Parish and Norbiton Ecclesiastical Parish.
Alternative names: Kingston, Kingston Vale, Robinhood Gate
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1847
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Parishes Adjacent to Robin Hood
- Surbiton St Mark
- Kingston upon Thames
- Kew with Petersham
- Wimbledon St Mary
Historical Descriptions of Robin Hood
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ROBINHOOD-GATE, or Kingston-Vale, a chapelry in Kingston-upon-Thames parish, Surrey; on a small affluent of the river Thames, 2½ miles NW of Wimbledon r. station, and 3 NE of Kingston. It was constituted in 1847; and it has a post-office, of the name of Kingston-Vale, under Putney, London, S.W. Pop., 270. Houses, 49. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Maps of Robin Hood
Civil Registration District: Kingston
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Kingston