Pirbright is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1574
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1692
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Independent/Congregational, and Roman Catholic.
- York Town
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PIRBRIGHT, a village and a parish in Guildford district, Surrey. The village stands near the Southwestern railway and the Basingstoke canal, 4¾ miles WSW of Woking r. station, and 6 NW of Guildford; and has a post-office under Guildford. The parish comprises 4,579 acres. Real property, £2,173. Pop., 599. Houses, 133. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to H. Halsey, Esq. P. Lodge is the seat of W. B. Anderson, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £103. Patron, H. Halsey, Esq. The church is partly ancient, with a new chancel; and has a tower and spire. There is a parochial school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Guildford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Guildford