Peper Harow, Surrey Family History Guide

Peper Harow is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.

Alternative names: Pepperharrow

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1697
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1689

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

  • Milford
  • Thursley
  • Shackleford
  • Elstead

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

PEPPERHARROW, a parish in Hambledon district, Surrey; on the river Wey, 3 miles W of Godalming r-station. Post-town, Godalming. Acres, 1,454. Real property, £1,027. Pop., 104. Houses, 25. P. House belongs to Viscount Middleton; and stands in grounds containing some very grand cedars of Lebanon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £200. Patron, Viscount Middleton. The church is partly Norman; and was restored under the direction of Pugin.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

FamilySearch

Online Records (Free)

England, Surrey Parish Registers, 1536-1992

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

County: Surrey
Civil Registration District: Hambledon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Diocese: Winchester
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Hambledon
Hundred: Godalming
Province: Canterbury