Norwood St Mark is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1859 from Norwood All Saints Ecclesiastical Parish.
Alternative names: South Norwood
Parish church: St Mark
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers:
- Bishop’s Transcripts:
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NORWOOD-ST. MARK, a chapelry in Croydon parish, Surrey; around South Norwood village and Norwood-Junction r. station, 2¼ miles NNE of Croydon. It was constituted in 1859; and it has a post-office of South Norwood, under London S. Pop. in 1861, 1,489. Houses, 279. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of Norwood-All Saints. See Norwood, Surrey.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].