Norwood All Saints is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1845 from Croydon St John the Baptist Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: All Saints Norwood, Upper Norwood
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1836
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1852
- Croydon St John the Baptist
- Norwood St Luke
- Penge St John
- Streatham St Leonard
- Camberwell St Giles
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NORWOOD-ALL SAINTS, a chapelry in Croydon parish, Surrey; around Upper Norwood village, and near Gipsy Hill and Crystal Palace and Norward Junction r stations, 3 miles N by E of Croydon. It was constituted in 1845; and it has post-offices of Norwood-Crownhill, Anerley-Road, and Westow-Hill, under London S. Pop. in 1861, 4,060. Houses, 658. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £550. Patron, the Vicar of Croydon. The church was built in 1829. See Norwood, Surrey.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Croydon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Croydon
Poor Law Union: Croydon