Milford is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1844 from Witley Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1848
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Peper Harow
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MILFORD, a village and a chapelry in Witley parish, Surrey. The village stands adjacent to the Guildford, Godalming, and Portsmouth railway, 1½ mile SSW of Godalming; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Godalming. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Pop., 717. Houses, 142. The property is divided among a few. Milford House, Mousehill Manor House, and Milford Cottage are chief residences. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Valne, £90. Patron, the Rev. J. Chandler. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Hambledon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Hambledon