Long Ditton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Other places in the parish include: Talworth and Tolworth.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1564
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1685
- Thames Ditton
- Surbiton St Mark
- Hampton Wick
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DITTON (Long), a village and a parish in Kingston district, Surrey. The village stands adjacent to the Southwestern railway, near Thames-Ditton r. station and the river Thames, 2¼ miles SSW of Kingston-upon-Thames. The parish includes also the hamlet of Talworth; and its post town is Kingston, under London, S. W. Acres, 2,116. Real property, £6,869. Pop., 1,445. Houses, 274. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £474. Patron, New College, Oxford. The church is of brick, and modern.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Kingston
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Kingston