Long Cross is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1847 from Chertsey Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Chertsey Christ Church, Longcross
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1847
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Virginia Water
- Botleys and Lyne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LONGCROSS, a chapelry, with a small village, in Chertsey parish, Surrey; in the middle of the heaths, 3 ½ miles W of Chertsey town and r. station. It was constituted in 1847; and its Post town is Chertsey. Pop., 133. Houses, 27. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, not reported. Patron, W. Tringham, Esq.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Chertsey
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Chertsey