Kingswood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1833 from Ewell Ancient Parish and Banstead Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1836
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Reigate St Mary Magdalene
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KINGSWOOD, a liberty in Ewell parish, and a chapelry partly also in Banstead parish, Surrey. The liberty is a detached part of Ewell; lies 2¾ miles NW of Merstham r. station, and 3½ N by W of Reigate; and has a post office under Epsom. Acres, 1,811. Real property, £1,971. Pop., 273. Houses, 58. The chapelry was constituted in 1838. Pop., 838. Houses, 165. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £190. Patron, Thomas Alcock, Esq. The church is recent, in lieu of an old one; was built by T. Alcock, Esq., at a cost of £6,000; and is in the decorated English style and cruciform, with central embattled tower and spire. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Reigate
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Reigate