Hale is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1845 from Farnham Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Heal
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1844
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HALE, or HEAL, a hamlet and a chapelry in Farnham parish, Surrey. The hamlet lies on the verge of the county, near Farnham Park, 1¼ mile N of Farnham town and r. station; and has a post office under Farnham. The chapelry was constituted in 1845. Pop., 2,864. Houses, 549. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £340. Patron, the Vicar of Farnham.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Farnham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Guildford
Poor Law Union: Guildford