Elstead is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1689
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Peper Harow
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ELSTEAD, a village and a parish in Hambledon district, Surrey. The village stands on the river Wey, 3½ miles WNW of Milford r. station, and 4¼ W by S of Godalming; and has a post office under Godalming. The parish comprises 4,119 acres. Real property, £2,430. Pop., 818. Houses, 164. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £78. Patron, the Rev. J. H. Stephenson. The church has Bishop Fox's pelican on the chancel roof, with characters of early English; and is small and good. There is an Independent chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Hambledon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Hambledon