Coulsdon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Alternative names: Cullesden
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1679
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COULSDON, or Cullesden, a parish in Croydon district, Surrey; between the Brighton and Caterham railway, 2½ miles SSW of Caterham-Junction r. station, and 5 S by W of Croydon. Post town, Caterham, under Red Hill. Acres, 4,403. Real property, £4,451 . Pop., 993. Houses, 140. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £636. Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church has a curious monument of 1635; and is good. An hospital for incurables, spacious, cheerful, and even elegant, was erected at Coulsdon in 1863.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Croydon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Diocese: Post-1844 - London, Pre-1845 - Winchester
Rural Deanery: Southwark
Poor Law Union: Croydon