Cobham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1562
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1692
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist, Baptist, Independent/Congregational, and Society of Friends/Quaker.
- East Horsley
- Little Bookham
- Stoke D’Abernon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COBHAM, a village and a parish in Epsom district, Surrey. The village stands on the river Mole, adjacent to Stane-street, 3¼ miles SE of Weybridge r. station, and 6½ W of Epsom; and has a head post office, and a fair on 11 Dec. The parish comprises 5,228 acres. Real property, £10,294. Pop., 1,998. Houses, 379. The property is subdivided. The manor belonged to Chertsey-abbey passed to the Page family; and belongs now to the Rev. F. J. Mount. Cobham Park mansion was built by J. Bridges, Esq., about 1725, on the plan of an Italian villa; passed to the Earl of Ligonier; and is now the seat of Coombe, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £150. Patron, Charles Coombe, Esq. The church is chiefly later English, but has a Norman door and a Norman tower. The p. curacy of Hatchford is a separate benefice. There are a Wesleyan chapel of 1862, parochial schools, and charities £41.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Epsom
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Epsom