Chiddingfold is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey. Haslemere is a chapelry of Chiddingfold.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1563
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1692
- North Chapel
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Chiddingfold, a parish in Hambledon district, Surrey; in the Weald, 2 miles SE of Witley r. station, and 4¼ NE of Haslemere. It has a post-office under Godalming. Acres, 6,936. Real property, £4,506. Pop., 1,167. Houses, 230. The property is divided among a few. Glass was manufactured here, in eleven houses, in the time of Elizabeth. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Haslemere, in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £512. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is chiefly early English; and is in good condition.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Hambledon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Hambledon