Chaldon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1564
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1679
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHALDON, a parish in Reigate district, Surrey; near the Brighton and the Caterham railways, 2 miles NE by N of Merstham r. station, and 5 NE of Reigate. Post Town, Merstham, under Red Hill. Acres, 1,622. Real property, £1,253. Pop., 169. Houses, 32. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £255. Patron, the Rev. H. Shepherd. The church is partly early English, and has a spire.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Reigate
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Reigate