Brockham Green is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1848 from Betchworth Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Brockham
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1847
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BROCKHAM, or Brockham Green, a village and a chapelry in Betchworth parish, Surrey. The village stands on the river Mole, 1½ mile SW of Betchworth r. station, and 2 E of Dorking; and has a post office, of the name of Brockham Green, under Reigate. The chapelry was constituted in 1848. Pop., 761. Houses, 147. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £100. Patron, Col. Goulburn. The church is a neat edifice in the Norman style, with a spire; and there are a Baptist chapel and a girls' orphanage. See Betchworth.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Reigate
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Reigate