Blindley Heath, Surrey Family History Guide

Blindley Heath is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1842 from Godstone Ancient Parish.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1842
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: None

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

  • Godstone

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

BLINDLEY-HEATH, a chapelry in Godstone parish, Surrey; near the Southeastern railway, S of Godstone station, and 5¾ miles N by W of East Grinstead. It has a post office under East Grinstead. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £173. Patron, the Vicar of Godstone. There is a national school.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

FamilySearch

Online Records (Free)

England, Surrey Parish Registers, 1536-1992

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

County: Surrey
Civil Registration District: Godstone
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Diocese: Winchester
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Godstone
Hundred: Tandridge
Province: Canterbury