Ash is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Other places in the parish include: Normandy.
Alternative names: Ash and Normandy
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1548
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1692
- York Town
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASH, a village in Farnborough district, and a parish in Farnborough and Farnham districts, Surrey. The village stands near the Southwestern railway, the Basingstoke canal, and the Blackwater river, 2 miles NW of Hog's Back, and 4 NE of Farnham; and it has a station on the railway, and a post office under Farnborough station. The parish includes also the tything of Normandy, and the hamlet-chapelry of Frimley. Acres, 12,273. Rated property, £15,443. Pop., 4,164. Houses, 753. The property is much subdivided. The southern tracts are hilly, and party common. Ash Lodge is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £473. Patron, Winchester college. The church has a plain Norman doorway, and is good. The rectory of Frimley and the p. curacy of York-Town are separate charges. Charities, £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Farnborough
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Farnham
Hundred: Godley; Woking