Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Chedbury
Parish church: All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1567
Parishes adjacent to Chedburgh
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Chedburgh, a parish in Thingoe district, Suffolk; 4½ miles S of Saxham r. station, and 6 SW of Bury-St. Edmunds. Post-town, Depden, under Bury-St. Edmunds. Acres, 566. Real property, £1,107. Pop., 325. Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Bristol. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, not reported. Patron, the Marquis of Bristol. The church was built in 1842; and is in the decorated English style. Charities, £25.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Thingoe
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Sudbury
Diocese: Post-1836 - Ely, Pre-1837 - Norwich
Rural Deanery: Clare
Poor Law Union: Thingoe