Wolverhampton

Wolverhampton St James Staffordshire Family History Guide

Wolverhampton St James is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1843 from Wolverhampton St Peter Ancient Parish.

Parish church: St James

Parish registers begin: 1843

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Wolverhampton St James

Administration

  • County: Staffordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Wolverhampton
  • Probate Court: Post-1845 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Pre-1846 - Court of the Peculiar of Wolverhampton
  • Diocese: Lichfield
  • Rural Deanery: Wolverhampton
  • Poor Law Union: Wolverhampton
  • Hundred: Wolverhampton Borough
  • Province: Canterbury