Wolverhampton St George Staffordshire Family History Guide

Wolverhampton former church of St George
Wolverhampton former church of St George. Attribution: Brianboru100. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.


Wolverhampton St George is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1834 from Wolverhampton St Peter Ancient Parish.

Parish church: St George

Parish registers begin: 1833

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Wolverhampton St George

Administration

  • County: Staffordshire
  • Civil Registration District: Wolverhampton
  • Probate Court: Post-1845 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory), Pre-1846 - Court of the Peculiar of Wolverhampton
  • Diocese: Lichfield
  • Rural Deanery: Wolverhampton
  • Poor Law Union: Wolverhampton
  • Hundred: Wolverhampton Borough
  • Province: Canterbury