Wiggington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1778 from chapelry in Tamworth Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Wiggington with Coton and Comberford, Wigginton
Other places in the parish include: Camberford.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1827
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Hopwas Hays
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WIGGINTON, a township and a chapelry in Tamworth parish, Stafford. The township lies 1¾ mile N of Tamworth r. station; contains three hamlets, and Tamworth workhouse; and has a post-office under Tamworth. Acres, 3,470. Real property, £9,052. Pop. in 1861, 670; of whom 84 were in the workhouse. Houses, 127. The property is chiefly divided among six. There are paper mills. The chapelry is less extensive than the township, and was constituted in 1856. Pop., 466. Houses, 82. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £110. Patron, the Vicar of Tamworth. The church was rebuilt in 1777, and enlarged in 1830. There are national schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Tamworth
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Tamworth
Poor Law Union: Tamworth
Hundred: South Offlow