Weston upon Trent is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Alternative names: Weston under Trent
Other places in the parish include: Shirleywich.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1666
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WESTON-UPON-TRENT, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Stafford; on the river Trent, the Grand Trunk canal, and the Trent Valley railway, 4½ miles NE by E of Stafford. It has a post-office under Stafford, and a r. station with telegraph. Acres, 825. Real property, £3,922. Pop., 502. Houses, 110. The manor belongs to Earl Ferrers. There are extensive salt-works, supplied from brine-springs in Ingestre parish; and the manufacture of scythe stones is carried on. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £106. Patron, the Rev.Inge. The church was rebuilt in 1829.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Stafford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stone
Poor Law Union: Stafford
Hundred: South Pirehill