Trysull is a chapelry of Wombourn Ancient Parish in Staffordshire.
Alternative names: Trysull and Seisdon
Other places in the parish include: Seisdon.
Parish registers begin: 1558
Parishes adjacent to Trysull
- Woodford Grange
- Tettenhall Regis
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TRYSULL, a parish, with a village, in Wolverhampton district, Stafford; 5½ miles SW of Wolverhampton r. station. It has a post-office under Wolverhampton; and it contains Seisdon hamlet and a workhouse. Acres, 3,110. Real property, £5,638. Pop., 610. Houses, 125. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Wombourne. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Seisdon, a township, and the head of a union, in the parish of Trysull, S. division of the hundred of Seisdon and the county of Stafford, 6 miles (WSW) from Wolverhampton; containing 213 inhabitants. This place gives name to the hundred, and also to a poor law union which comprises 12 parishes or places, 11 whereof are in the county of Stafford, and 1 in that of Salop, the whole containing a population of 13,097. Near Seisdon Common is a large triangular stone called the War Stone, and at a short distance is a small square camp.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Wolverhampton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Lichfield
- Rural Deanery: Trysull
- Poor Law Union: Seisdon
- Hundred: South Seisdon
- Province: Canterbury