Tettenhall Regis is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Alternative names: Tettenhall, Tettenhall Regis with Tettenhall Clericorum
Other places in the parish include: Wrottesley, Tettenhall Wood, Tettenhall Clericorum, Pirton with Trescott, Pendeford, Compton, and Bovenhill.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1602
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1687
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Independent/Congregational, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Wolverhampton St Mark
- Wolverhampton St Paul
- Wolverhampton St Peter
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TETTENHALL, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Wolverhampton district, Stafford. The village stands on the Stafford and Birmingham canal, 2 miles WNW of Wolverhampton r. station; contains many good houses; and has a post-office under Wolverhampton. The parish was formerly divided into T.-Regis and T.-Clericorum; includes the chapelry of T.-Wood, constituted in 1866; and contains 7 liberties or hamlets. Acres, 7,600. Real property, £28,717. Pop. in 1851, 3,396; in 1861, 3,716. Houses, 781. Hardware manufacture is carried on. A battle, very disastrous to the Danes, was fought here in 907 or 910. Both the head living and that of T.-Wood are vicarages in the diocese of Lichfield. Value of the former, £216; of the latter, £300. Patron of both, Lord Wrottesley. The parochial church is early English and was once collegiate. T.-Wood church was built in 1866, and is in the decorated English style. Charities, £84. The sub-district contains 3 parishes, and comprises 14,222 acres. Pop., 6,046. Houses, 1,292.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Wolverhampton
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Tettenhall
Rural Deanery: Trysull
Poor Law Union: Seisdon
Hundred: North Seisdon