Tamhorn is an extra-parochial place in the county of Staffordshire
Parish registers begin:
Parishes adjacent to Tamhorn
- Lichfield St Michael
- Hopwas Hays
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Tamhorn, an extra-parochial tract in Lichfield district, Stafford; 2 ¼ miles NW of Tamworth. Acres, 770. Real property, £1,379. Pop.,23. Houses, 4.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Tamhorn, an extra-parochial place adjacent to the parish of Whittington, union of Lichfield, N. division of the hundred of Offlow and of the county of Stafford, 3 miles (NW by N) from Tamworth; containing 5 inhabitants. The Birmingham and Fazeley canal passes in the vicinity, and on the east flows the river Tame. The estate comprises a wood of 108 acres, and a farm of 505 acres, and is the property of Sir Robert Peel, who, in the year 1827, purchased it from Lord George Cavendish
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
- County: Staffordshire
- Civil Registration District: Lichfield
- Probate Court: Search the surrounding parishes
- Diocese: Not Applicable
- Rural Deanery: Not Applicable
- Poor Law Union: Lichfield
- Hundred: North Offlow
- Province: Canterbury