Stowe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Drointon, Amerton, Little Heywood, Grindley, and Great Heywood.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1575
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1679
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Weston upon Trent
- Chartley Holme
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STOWE, a parish, with three townships and parts of four others, in the district and county of Stafford; 2 miles E of Weston r. station, and 6½ ENE of Stafford. Post town, Stafford. Acres, 5,347. Rated property, £7,734. Pop., 1,267. Houses, 271. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £85. Patron, Mrs. Mould. The church was partly restored in 1866. The parish includes parts of Heywood and Hixon chapelries. There are an endowed school with £17 a year, and charities £16. See Chartley.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Stafford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stone
Poor Law Union: Stafford
Hundred: South Pirehill