Seighford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire.
Other places in the parish include: Great Bridgeford, Aston, Doxey, and Little Bridgeford.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1661
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Castle Church
- Marston with Whitgreave
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SEIGHFORD, a parish, with four villages, in the district and county of Stafford; 2½ miles N W of Stafford r.station. Post-town, Stafford. Acres, 4,451. Real property, £6,778. Pop., 808. Houses, 164. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to F. Eld, Esq. S. Hall is the chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £189. Patron, F. Eld, Esq. The church is good; and there is a chapel, forming a separate charge, at Derrington. There are also a slightly endowed school, and charities £11.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Stafford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Stafford
Poor Law Union: Stafford
Hundred: South Pirehill